Thursday, June 9, 2011

Photobucket - Do You Really Mean To?

I like to use images or videos every time I write a post, it makes the post look better. I search either Google or Photobucket for the images and videos I want to use. Now to the point of this post. I see tons of pictures/videos of things that in my opinion you might want to keep between your friends and family. For instance the birth of a baby, a wedding, you hanging out with friends, your children's pictures, etc. 

However, I see all of these displayed all over Photobucket and every search engine for everyone to see. In plain view of every crazy person, pedophile and haters (like they say these days) out there looking to do something. Imagine you are living next to one of these people and they want to do something to you, one of your family members or friend. All they have to do is search the web and there it is. Your pictures and videos for this person to do with it whatever they want. Obsess over it, find out private things about you, etc. You get the picture.

I understand we live in an era where we want to share everything because of social media but, at some point we need to draw the line. For the sake of your safety or your children's safety there are things you may want to keep private. Now, I know some of you might say if it's going to happen is going to happen no matter what. I don't believe that but that's just my opinion.

I'm wondering do people do this (share pictures/videos with the world) on purpose because they don't care, want their 15 minutes of fame or they simply don't know that their album or profile is set to public. Something I learned years ago was to always check the settings of every website I join or software I use before doing anything else. So, if it is not your intention to share your pictures or videos with the world go check those settings!♥♥



image credit: qualvu

Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...