Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Sundays & A Rant.

I'm not a Sunday person and I'm sure there are others like me.  To me it means the weekend is over and we have to go back to reality.  Lately though I have been enjoying Sundays a bit.  We have started our own little tradition without noticing.  Every Sunday while we are having dinner we turn on the TV to watch America's Funniest Videos.  You get to see the silliest things on that show, lol.  The pets doing weird things, attacking each other and being smart.  People playing pranks on each other, those crack me up until my head hurts!  Kids doing something funny, all kinds of stupid stunts that end up with the person getting hurt somehow.  We laugh from the beginning until the end.  The audience gets to pick the three videos that will win a cash price at the end of each episode. Well, most of the time they pick videos that are not even funny. We sit here and yell at the TV "What? That wasn't even funny!". I don't know, maybe the majority of the audience don't know what funny is...   

However there are two things I don't like about the show.  Sometimes the host can be crude with his comments.  One example, in the latest episode as part of a game two people have to pick out of three selections which video is real.  One of the selection was a woman playing patty cakes with a beaver.  The host decided to crack a joke about the woman and the beaver.  You all know what he was referring to, the beaver.  I though it was very stupid for him to say that when the show is supposed to be "family show".  The show is already funny why cross the line. 

Another thing, sometimes they show videos that I don't feel should be aired.  Call me a prude but in my opinion a baby hanging a snake off of his diaper and sort off humping a door is not funny, a man dancing naked or in his underwear with his penis bouncing all over the place is not funny either.  I don't know why people need to sexualize everything in order to attract a bigger audience.  What about the families who just want to sit and watch TV without having to cling to the remote in order to be ready to mute or switch the channel when something inappropriate comes on.  My kids are over 16 and it still pisses me off.  Yes, I still mute or switch the channel when it comes to certain things.  I imagine I'm not the only one.  So AFV get a clue and remember families do watch your show too! Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...