Saturday, March 3, 2012

Get Inspired in No Time!





Las Fabulosas: Success


By Shirley Velásquez for Las Fabulosas


It happens to all of us: We find a project or a goal we want to reach, and then we throw ourselves at it with loads of good intention and excitement. But somewhere down the road, we lose steam. And before we know it, we’ve lost our motivación completely. Life coach Monica Borbely tells us how to get it back.

Remember Your Great Moments
Thinking about the times when you felt at the top of your game helps to put you back in the zone. “These moments of triumph remind you of who you are and what you are about,” says Borbely. Those memories, she says, “connect you with that time when you felt most fulfilled, most stretched and most present.”

Remember That Each Day Is Precious
“When I’m not motivated to do what I know needs to be done,” says Borbely, “I remind myself that if I waste this opportunity, I’ll never get it back.” Borbely recommends building playtime into your schedule each week. “My minutes, hours and days come around one time. It’s up to me to live the life I want, right now.”

Dream Big
According to Borbely, you must allow yourself to be a big dreamer to be happy right down to the core of your being. Forget about caution. “Big dreams can fulfill you right down to the soul because you’ve sought out your true purpose in life,” she says. “Big dreams can push your limits and keep your life fresh.”


Shirley Velásquez is an editor and writer at ELLE magazine. She has contributed to Woman’s Day, Glamour, InStyle, Latina, The New York Sun, and Border-line Personalities, an anthology of essays written by Latina writers. She is a frequent contributor to Las Fabulosas.





Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...