Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving - Feliz Día De Acción De Gracias!


Is it me or November is going by too fast? It wasn't until last week that I realized Thanksgiving was a few days away. ¿Que, qué? The holidays are going by too fast. I don't do big celebrations anymore, but I still enjoy the holidays. The Christmas lights, although most people don't put decorations on their windows anymore. At least where I live, can't say for other areas. I enjoy the chill and the smell in the air when you first walk outside. Just something about it, I love it!

My pernil is in the oven, my apartment smells delicious. Garlicky. Last night I made guineitos en escabeche for the first time. I noticed that the recipe I used says three cups of oil, but I found that to be too much oil. Most recipes only use one cup. I hope they turn out good. Crossing my fingers!

While I was looking for some recipes, I found an easy pumpkin pie recipe that I'm also going try for the first time. My son (and so do I!) loves pumpkin pie (actually pumpkin and cinnamon anything). I got tired of spending $6.99 for a pie, and I buy two of them. It's a bit much for our budget.

I have very little counter space (a square to be precise) and limited kitchen utensils, so recipes have to be easy to make. I check different versions of one recipe to see which one it's easier. Then I add whatever I like from one recipe to another to make it my own, lol. Let's hope everything comes out delish. If not, oh well. Mis hijos are not that picky.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day with their families and friends. In my case is just the kids, me and our cat, but I feel blessed that we have food to eat and a roof over our heads. Lots of people don't. My prayers to those affected by hurricane Sandy. May God give you strength and that you are surrounded by caring people..♥

I'm tired, so I'm going to take a nap. That's the beauty of not having anyone coming over. There is no rush. Happy Thanksgiving, mi gente! Stay safe y no coman mucho que engordan, he, he.♥


PS. Check out the Mary Kay giveaway I just posted today and spread the word!


Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...