Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Working on the House is a Great Family Project.

Guest written by our friend Waldo Byers



It started out as a way to save a bit of money on our heating bill - but suddenly, getting our house ready for winter has become an annual event! This weekend, my wife, the kids, and I set out to prepare the house for the cold months that are soon to be upon us. We were glad that we had a warm day to work on, as they're predicting snow to come in the next couple weeks.


While they began cleaning out the house, I went to the hardware store and picked up some insulation and other products, even including a new storm for our front door (as the old one was getting sort of loose and rattled). Once I got home, my daughter and I installed the new door, while my wife and son began working on the insulation and filling in cracks. I also took a few minutes to go down in the basement and check out the condition of the furnace. Luckily, it looks like it's still in great shape so we shouldn't have to worry about it this year.

After we finished, we all pitched in to make a big taco dinner and then sat down together to watch some satellite television from TVbyDirect.com. Since we put in a long day of work, we definitely deserved to have a special family night.


Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...