Friday, August 12, 2011

Morning Drama!

After two long days of repairs in my apartment I was looking forward to some rest. I haven't been sleeping well (two hours here and there) so I was trying to get some good sleep. Nope, couldn't do that. This morning I hear some loud knocking on my door. I thought it was the guy from the gas company. I looked through the peephole, what do I see? Three cops standing in front of my door. I'm not going to lie, the first thing that came out of my mouth was WTF? I opened the door, they are knocking on the door of the neighbors who live right across from me. Then they asked me if I heard anything like someone screaming or shots fired. I couldn't believe they were asking me that. I told them that I didn't hear anything. They started asking me about my neighbors. If I knew if someone was there etc. 

According to them, someone called 911 saying someone was trying to break in into my neighbor's apartment. One of them kept knocking on my neighbor's door with the baton pretty loud for some time. At this point I'm thinking all sorts of things. What if the wife is unconscious or something. I snapped out of it and told the cop that if one of them was there they would've opened the door right away. They (cops) decided to go outside to check around. Don't know what happened after that. 

There were two police cars parked in front. I thought ok is over, nope. Two guys showed up, one of them says that someone had cut his friend in the arm and him too. The cop asked the guy to show him his arm so he can put a bandage on it. He made a call, another police car comes out of nowhere. It was like a damn movie! Turns out a woman had cut them as they were passing by her for no apparent reason. I'm guessing she was crazy. Another guy showed up saying he had seen her also. Two of the police cars left with the guys who were attacked apparently to find the woman. At this point my nerves were rattled. I started getting sick to my stomach, lol. I know, is sad but when the police knocks on your door it can't be for anything good! Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep.

Later my son told me he had seen my neighbor coming out of his apartment. Guess they were out. I'm still wondering if someone told them what happened. Who knows, all I know it is going to be harder for me to sleep after today's morning drama!



Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...