Monday, December 10, 2012

My Birthday Present & A Monday Meme.

My birthday is this month, so as a present I did something I always wanted to do, but kept putting it off because I was scared of the pain. Last Monday, I finally did it. I pierced my nose!

I asked my daughter to take me to a place she knew. She wanted me to wait until the next day, but I told her it has to be today! She asked me why? I said for personal reasons. Her answer? FOR PERSONAL REASONS, LOL (yes, she typed it in capital letters). I didn't want to tell her that if I waited another day I was going to chicken out again. So, off we went.

When we got there he was doing a piercing on a girl. I was nervous, but not as much as I thought I was going to be. I had read about it on the web so that calmed me down a lot. My daughter was more nervous than me, lol. She walked away when he was about to start. It was done in less than two minutes, and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought. As soon as he finished putting the stud in, the pain stopped. It was that fast! My eye teared up, but other than that it wasn't a big deal.

So far it is healing good. This was one of my main concerns. I was afraid of getting an infection. I clean it at least five times a day and I don't touch it unless I'm cleaning it. I also don't put makeup close to it. It looks a bit weird, but I rather look weird than risking getting an infection. I have read about people getting bumps weeks or months after. I'm crossing my fingers. If I get one, I already know what I need to do. Tea Tree Oil gets rid of it (100% pure). At least that's what I have read on the web.

For those of you who have been thinking about it (or are curious), but like me are afraid of the pain, etc. I posted a great video I found on youtube of the procedure. The guy that did mine didn't use a cork. I'm guessing not everyone uses one.

I also posted a video with tips for aftercare from someone who does piercings. This is how I clean mine. I wash it with soap and water first, then using a Q-tip with alcohol I clean it around and inside my nostril. After it dries, I use Walgreens antiseptic spray. The two videos below say you should use sea salt with water (boil the water first) to clean it. I'm getting sea salt tomorrow to add it to my aftercare. Also, H20cean Sterile Sea Salt piercing spray has good reviews. So far, I'm very happy with the results!





Edited: Oops! I forgot to add the link to the meme. If you would like to join the fun visit Curious As A Cat for the Monday questions. 



1) What perks you up on a cold, gloomy day?

A good romantic comedy.

2) Have you ever been to a fashion show?

When I was a teenager living in Puerto Rico.

3) Describe the wackiest but most useful advice you've ever received.

Good question, unfortunately I can't think of one right now.

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Beautiful! I wish I could see it in person.


Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...