Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Girl With A Doll.

I was on the bus yesterday coming from running errands with my son. I was reading Twitter on my cell and my son was listening to music. We were both entertaining ourselves with our gadgets when I looked up and see a little girl holding a doll looking at us. She had a pony tail and was about 6 years old. The first thing I thought, wow it has been a long time since I have seen a little girl walking around with a doll. She had the doll wrapped in a little blanket and she was holding it tight. I smiled at her, I thought it was nice to see there are still girls out there who still enjoy playing with dolls. It is rare to see girls carrying around a doll these days or maybe I haven't been paying much attention.

Makes me sad to think how many little girls living in poverty would love to have a doll but don't have them and our children that can have one any day because they are sold almost everywhere don't pay much attention anymore because the digital era has taken over. I have to say I am one of those people who goes gaga after anything digital/gadgetry but I still would like to see girls/boys entertaining themselves with non digital toys like back in the days. Our children are growing up too fast. 

I remember when I was young I enjoyed playing with my doll's hair. I cut it, braid it and gave my dolls different looks. The girls around my neighborhood and I would make a group to play with our dolls for hours. We would trade some of the clothes, that was fun! If I was watching TV I would have my doll with me. If was riding my bicycle I would put it inside the basket. So many good memories, too bad I don't have many pictures of those days.Photobucket    

How about your children, do they still play the old fashion way? Your girls still carry dolls around?




image credit: The Mommy Files
Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...