Saturday, October 9, 2010

My First Sabroso Saturday - Beef Stew!

This is my first time participating in Ms. Latina from Latina On A Mission's Sabroso Saturday/Tasty Saturday! My recipe is carne guisada. I got it from El Boricua site. That's where I get most of the food I cook. Yum! 

She used yautía/taro root and yuca/cassava but I used carrots and potatoes. As you can see in the picture below. I added some aguacate/avocado y maduros/yellow plantains instead of tostones.I always make a lot and save for the next day. A mis hijos les encanta/my children love it! Perfect way to make your kids eat veggies.

If you would like to join Sabroso Saturday visit Latina On A Mission so you can have some sabor every week!

2½ lbs. beef stew meat
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
salt & pepper to taste
Enough water to cover meat
* Boil these ingredients for at least 2 hours until meat is tender. Once this is done add the rest of the ingredients below.
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
½ cup sofrito sauce
1 packet Sazón seasoning
2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
½ cup peeled, cubed yautía
½ cup peeled, cubed yuca (remove center core)
1 carrot, diced
½ cup olives with pimentos
1 tbsp. cappers
Add more water to cover all ingredients

Once the rest of the ingredients are added, bring to a boil and cook another 30 minutes or so until vegetables are done. If you can't find yautía or yuca don't worry, just use the potatoes. 
Serve with rice and tostones. 



BeefStew
Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...