Friday, December 7, 2012

Spanish Friday - Recuerdos Navideños!

Re-posting this from last year to once again share the music we used to listen to during Christmas time in Puerto Rico. Enjoy!

This post is written in Spanish for Spanish Friday. The English version is after. You can also use the Google translator on the sidebar to translate the entire page in Spanish.

Ayer estaba viendo los Latin Grammys Awards. Los grabé en el DVR y como necesitaba espacio decidí verlo. Me trajo muchos recuerdos de cuando vivía en Puerto Rico. La primera canción de Calle 13 (Latinoamérica), me gustó mucho. Nunca había oido la música de ese grupo. En fín me puse a pensar en los tiempos de antes, las navidades y de toda la música que se escuchaba en aquellos años. Las navidades se pasaban tan bien. No eran acerca de regalos sino acerca de pasarla con la familia y amistades. La pasabamos bailando, comiendo buena comida y después a llevarle parrandas a los vecinos y a familiares que vivían en otros pueblos. Nos quedabamos hasta las 3 y 4 de la mañana! Ay, tantos recuerdos! 

Ya que me dió nostalgia decidí buscar en youtube algunas de las canciones para compartirlas con mis lectores y a la misma vez añadirlas a mi lista de música Navideña, salsa y merengue. Espero que las disfruten tanto como yo..

Si quieres participar en Spanish Friday visita Latinaish.com

Yesterday I was watching the Latin Grammys Awards. I recorded it on the DVR and since I needed space I decided to watch it. It brought back memories from when I lived in Puerto Rico. I really liked the first song from Calle 13 (Latinoamérica). Never heard the music of that band before. Anyway, I started thinking about back in the days, the holidays and all the music we used to listened to in those years. The holidays were good. It wasn't about gifts it was about spending it with family and friends. We would dance, have good food and then to take the parrandas to the neighbors and relatives living in other towns. We would stay until 3 and 4 in the morning! So many memories!

Since I was nostalgic I decided to look for some of the songs on youtube to share it with my readers and at the same time add it to my music list of Christmas music, salsa and merengue. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do..

If you would like to participate in Spanish Friday visit Latinaish.com.












image credit: De Puerto Rico Pal Mundo



Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...