Thursday, September 9, 2010

In Harry Potter's Shoes.


Guest post written by Charlotte Hawkins


My grandkids just love all the Harry Potter movies and books. So I've of course been the one to take them to see most of the movies. So when I heard that they were opening up a Harry Potter theme park I was so excited to take them! But before we went I wanted to make sure that I would get the full experience of it so I got some hearing tests and bought some hearings aids.

I was so glad because I got to take in all the sights and sounds of Hogwarts and the Hogsmeade village. They even had a fake little Hagrid's hut set up! We even drank some butterbeer - which doesn't have alcohol in it - and got to try on wands for size at the little wand shop, just like in the movies!

I'm pretty sure that I had more fun there than my grandkids did and I'm already planning our next trip! I'm going to look up some butterbeer recipes and try to make them for them. I doubt they'll be as good as the real deal at the park, but I'm sure they'll still be delicious!




image credit: The Baltimore Sun Pin It Now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...